  From: Patricia Cooley
  To: 'L T CHERPESKI'
  Cc: tmic-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2009 11:12 AM
  Subject: [TMIC] ANOTHER QUESTION

  LINDA

  I AM NOT ON STEROIDS AT THIS TIME.  I WAS WHEN I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL AND FOR
SEVERAL WEEKS AFTER COMING HOME.  I, TOO HAVE SJOGRENS.  ARE YOU ON A DRUG TO
SUPPRESS YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM?  I AM ON AZATHIOPRINE 50 MG A DAY AND HAVE BEEN
FOR SEVERAL MONTHS.  I HAVE NOTICED THAT SINCE I HAVE BEEN TAKING IT, IT IS
AFFECTING MY FINGER NAILS AND HAIR.  MY STRONG NAILS HAVE TURNED TO PAPER, AND
I HAVE LOST ABOUT HALF OF MY HAIR VOLUME.  IS THIS NORMAL?  IF SO, I AM GOING
TO STOP TAKING IT.  I SEE MY DOCTOR TOMORROW AND WILL TALK TO HER ABOUT IT.  I
GUESS IT IS VANITY, BUT WHAT ELSE DO WE HAVE.

  I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INFORMATION YOU MIGHT HAVE.

  PATTI - WISCONSIN