Frank
I am so sorry about the arm! Honestly, when I fell on my knee I was in a
wheelchair for 3 months, like we don't have enough problems. You mentioned
"footdrop". I tried one of those devices (the Walk Aide and the Bioness
11300) I was really impressed. It actually lifted up my foot. Takes a bit of
"stimulation" but the nerves get the message. It is expensive and it didn't
work for me. My friends saw the woman on MSNBC who was able to climb hills
after she used this device, I got all these phone calls... they were so sure
this was the answer for me..  Now, after trying it out I have to e-mail all
of them and say, Not for me!!!  I know they're going to feel worse than I
do. ! Tho I did find an excellent physical therapist so that's good...

Well, it's always nice to hear from you.... and I mean that sincerely.  Now
as far as what you should do...
my recommendation:  cut back from 3 martinis down to 2... I know how hard
that's going to be... I mean,
I couldn't do it... but maybe you can. [?]
Take care!
Trudy

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 9:42 AM, fr...@franksheldon.com <
fr...@franksheldon.com> wrote:

> > When God leads you to the edge of the cliff, trust Him fully and let go,
> only 1 of 2 things will >happen. Either He'll catch you when you fall, or
> He'll teach you how to fly!
>
> Well, I must have a different " god."
>
> Several days ago, my left toe ( foot drop on left side) caught the rug and
> I went flying.  I foolishly put out my left arm ( my bad arm) and landed on
> my left hand with a crunch. My hand and arm hurt, but then they always hurt.
>  So I go on about my life till the next morning when I notice my left hand
> is very swollen, but the pain is not too bad if I don't move any part of my
> left hand. I hide my hand through the day, elevate the hand above my heart
> and everything gets better, but the swelling comes back when I lower my arm.
>
> My left hand is almost useless at the best of times.  It is numb, has
> neuropathic pain, the fingers don't work, has severe allodynia and has
> slight swelling.  So it is not much worse than before the accident.  People
> tell me to go to the doctor who will send me for an X-ray which may show a
> fracture which will need to be treated ( Surgery? Pins? Cast? all with
> potential problems).
>
> So, What do you think I should do?
>
> Thanks,
>
> pH