All of my Physical Therapists put swimming at the top of the charts for
excellent rehab!! I am 62 and still continuing with Physical Therapy. As
soon as the new year comes around and Medicare gives me my 15 PT workouts
for the year I go to a therapist.
But again, I think it's swimming, walking, biking....... The hard part is
getting into the water! ARGH!!!  But once in I love it.
If you wear flipppers it's easier, they help keep my legs up. When done with
laps I will take a walk around the pool also.. I go from the deep end to the
shallow... usually not too good in the shallow end.  But any water exercise
is really good for you.  At least that's what I have been told.
Trudy