Barbara,

I've taken diuretics for years.......since tm, I've been
on generic of Lasix, 20mg.  When Frank was first
diagnosed with cardiomyopathy, his doc put him
on 10mg generic Lasix.....later added Spironolactone.  Soon afterward he
developed a
lump in his breast......had a mammogram (that was a
sight to see). Mammogram led to biopsy which was
benign and the diagnosis was the Spirono...etc.
He's never taken that again..........only Lasix 10mg as needed!  Pretty
frightning!! (Like we needed something else!!)  janh

My doctor put me on Spironolactone as a diuretic -- I'd had some swelling in my
lower legs and other diuretics contain sulfa, which I am allergic to. At first
I thought, Oh, great...I go to the bathroom so often as it is, I'll just live
in there now. But it actually seemed to help. I still go pretty often but I go
more when I do. I think I must have been retaining urine without realizing it.
I knew I was right after TM, but it seemed like it had gotten significantly
better over the years -- but I think I still must have been retaining a little.

So I was surprised that the Spironolactone helped. Has anyone else had that
experience with diuretics?

Barbara H.
http://barbarah.wordpress.com/

Access 350+ FREE radio stations anytime from anywhere on the web. Get the Radio
Toolbar!