Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 08:10:35 -0700
From: dca...@earthlink.net
To: we4king...@verizon.net; tmic-list@eskimo.com
CC: we4king...@verizon.net
Subject: [TMIC] TENS Unit

Hello All,
I thought I might mention this
regarding the TENS unit.  If you are going to be investing in this, you
might want to consider the EMS unit instead.  A TENS unit is for "nerve
stimulation" to help with pain.  The EMS unit is a "muscle stimulator",
used to waken up sleeping muscles or prevent atrophy from paralysis.  It
has a different "wave"; however, the EMS unit can be used as both the EMS and
the TENS.  The TENS can only be used as a TENS, so if you get the EMS you
are getting double the bang for your buck.

I just got the EMS unit and it is too
soon to tell, but I think that it is going to be of some benefit.  (I was
totally paralyzed from the waist down 12 years ago on December 30, 1996,
but did get a lot of recovery.)

Take care,
Debbie