Yes, I can move my fingers. I'm right handed and that is the hand that is most
affected.  I hadn't thought about my joints being stiff, but my hand movement
is sluggish and I don't have normal sensation or feeling in most of my fingers.
 I can grasp items, but have difficulty fingering.  I had both occupational and
physical therapy and they both help me relearn movements that my I had
forgotten how to do.  I had the putty (still do) and used it daily.  I also had
different sizes of rubberbands that I used for all kinds of finger stretching
and resistence excersises.  I used 1 lb weights for wrist movement and
strengthing.  I still have to stretch the tendons in my fingers and hand by
pressing my hand flat down against an object then lifting the palm while
continuing to press the fingers down.  You can feel the tendons in the fingers
and palm stretching.  This is so automatic for me that I do it without
thinking.

Patti - Michigan

---- Amanda Diskey <adis...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Patti,
My hands are cold all the time too. It is awful! i was wondering, can you move
your fingers? Maybe you could recommend some exercises? They tried e-stim on my
hands but my hands are so small that their contraption could not make good
enough contact to get the results they wanted. I have a paraffin thingamajig
that I use to try to loosen my stiff joints in my hands and it does help some
and makes my hands feel good! Have you used one Peggy? I also have some therapy
putty to work my fingers.

amanda