How do you know if you  are addicted to pain meds?  I have taken so many
different pain  medications, over the past nearly four years, I don't think
they work for me  anymore  I am currently taking, Percocet 5/375mg  or Vicodin
7.5/750mg  4 X daily, Lyrica 800mg, Fentanyl patch 125mcg every three days.
 After  taking all this pain medicine, I still have excruciating pain in my
hands, legs  and feet.  As long as I've been taking these drugs, I have
never had the  feeling of euphoria or being "high." My pain just increase, if I
don't take my  medicine on time.  I experience blurred vision, sleepiness,
lack of  concentration and memory; and the fact that I have recently had my
Baclofen pump  turned off, and now take oral Baclofen four times a day, does
not help the  situation any.  I have never tried to wane myself off the
medicine, in fear  of the pain I may experience from not taking it.

I hear of people being  addicted to painkillers, does that mean that they
are getting a high from taking  it, or that they can't stop taking it because
of their pain?

Naomi
C-4 Quadriplegic, since July 2, 2005
Due to Transverse  Myelitis