From: ladyno...@aol.com
Date: 5/12/2009 7:37:18 PM
To: tmic-list@eskimo.com
Subject: [TMIC] Drug addiction

How do you know if you are addicted to pain meds?  I have taken so many
different pain medications, over the past nearly four years, I don't think
they work for me anymore  I am currently taking, Percocet 5/375mg  or
Vicodin 7.5/750mg 4 X daily, Lyrica 800mg, Fentanyl patch 125mcg every three
days.  After taking all this pain medicine, I still have excruciating pain
in my hands, legs and feet.  As long as I've been taking these drugs, I have
never had the feeling of euphoria or being "high." My pain just increase, if
I don't take my medicine on time.  I experience blurred vision, sleepiness,
lack of concentration and memory; and the fact that I have recently had my
Baclofen pump turned off, and now take oral Baclofen four times a day, does
not help the situation any.  I have never tried to wane myself off the
medicine, in fear of the pain I may experience from not taking it.

I hear of people being addicted to painkillers, does that mean that they are
getting a high from taking it, or that they can't stop taking it because of
their pain?

Naomi
C-4 Quadriplegic, since July 2, 2005
Due to Transverse Myelitis