I don't want to forget those first few days......my family circled the wagons
round
me, I had friends the day after I was admitted, at one point that day I
awakened to
see the other 7 members of my bridge group standing at the foot of my bed with
a beautiful bouquet, and many others who cared............I'm sure to a certain
ex-
tent their love and prayers were one reason I recovered as much as I did those
first days in the hospital/skilled nursing unit!!  One nurse said the laughter
she
heard told her that "we'd" recover.  And 12 years later, "we're" still gaining
on
those early days!!  Just keep hope, love, and laughter in your life, AND the
list!!  :)
janh

--- On Fri, 5/15/09, kevin weilacher <hwyfli...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Linda,
After some thought yesterday and after reading your note...I think I may just
start celebrating my TM anniversary...Why, you ask..?    Well, because as this
first year has passed, I look back and look at what I have accomplished in that
year...and dammit....that in itself is reason to celebrate.
In the coming years I'm sure that I will continue to make some more small baby
steps in recovery, so I may as well celebrate.

You are right in saying though..about not forgetting, I'm quite sure that I
will never forget the day that TM reared it's ugly head. It is burned into my
memory like a hot poker into a piece of wood.

I am glad to hear from you and others that I have spoken with...that many years
down the road and you are still making some recovery. That gives me quite a lot
of hope.

Thanks for the kind words about my blog...I will continue updating it as long
as I have things to write about so stay tuned....who knows what's around the
bend..

Be well everyone....

Kevin