I have been taking Boniva for over 7 years.  I tried the daily and weekly
supplements but that caused constant diarrhea

Part of my problems is that 33 years ago, I had to have my colon removed
(ileostomy) and a foot of my small intestine along with the rectum (I was given
a 90% of cancer but beat that).  Therefore, my body does not absorb alot of the
nutrients that I need.  I am on 50,000 units of Vit. D 1X weekly plus I take
additional supplements of Vit. D, 2,000 IU and calcium with magnesium 2X
daily.  Plus I eat yogart, eat cheese, and have milk daily.  The milk does
cause diarrhea but I LOVE milk and try to have it in the afternoon.

The good thing about the ileostomy is that I don't have the problems of
constipation that alot of us TM'ers have because I wear an appliance to catch
the waste and have to empty it atleast 5X aday.

I also have the problem that even with the Vit. D supplements, my system only
shows 1/4 of the required Vit. D.

I did some research and yes I thought about the IV but the cost is about $1800
which is alot but if you are paying approx. $100 per month for Boniva is not
too much different.  I also found where you can have a daily injection of
teriparatide (forteo) but haven't found any $ amount.

My biggest problem is that I was born into the wrong body or with this body the
wrong family I could almost be a bionic woman with the $ amount I have had to
spend just to keep living!

Prayers and thoughts for you and yours,Candy K.