*Hi Wim,  *
**
*It's a monoclonal antibody and yes it is used successfully in MS patients.
I don't think that it would be of use to a patient who has had a TM attack.
*
**
*I use a monoclonal antibody called Rituximab, but I have NMO ,which means
that I have  recurrent episodes of LETM (Longitudinal Extensive Transverse
Myelitis) and ON.  Sixty per cent of us will also develop brain lesions.  It
works for me because it depletes the BCells  which the autoimmune antibody,
NMO IgG+, attacks.  Both drugs have been linked to PML (Progressive
Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy), an extremely serious inflammation of the
brain, which is caused by reactivation of the JC Virus, that 85% of the
population carries. **I use it because I failed on other treatments and
because NMO can, and often does, cause death.*
**
*Respectfully,*
*Grace*