  From: Cody<mailto:c...@austin.rr.com>
  To: TMIC<mailto:tmic-list@eskimo.com> ; Akua<mailto:a...@artfarm.com>
  Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 8:47 PM
  Subject: Re: [TMIC] EASY STAND

  Akua....Yes I am paralized from T-3/4. It helps with maintaining muscle and
bone strength in my legs and my arms, blood flow and blood pressure, range of
motion in my hips, and it helps me mentally to know I am doing something
positive. It helps me with my arms and hips because the standing  frame allows
my legs to move back and forth as I move the hand grips/glides back and forth
in the top of the frame. Basically the hand grips on top are connected to the
foot shoes on the bottom of the frame with a resistance cannister in between,
The reisstance cannisters look like shock abssorbers and you can dial in the
the amount of resistance you want. I know all of this may sound complicated but
it is a pretty simple operation. I transfer onto the seat from my wheelchair
without using my sliding board. I think they sell for around $5K. My insurance
company paid for it and I have had it for eight years. I am glad you ask about
it because I have been kinda lazy lately. You can see a picture of mine at the
following web site
http://www.easystand.com/evolv-glider/index.cfm<http://www.easystand.com/evolv-glider/index.cfm>..
 Let me know if you have any more questions.....Cody in Austin