From: Cody <c...@austin.rr.com>
To: TMIC <tmic-list@eskimo.com>; Akua <a...@artfarm.com>
Sent: Mon, Aug 17, 2009 10:47 pm
Subject: Re: [TMIC] EASY STAND

Akua....Yes I am paralized from T-3/4. It helps
with maintaining muscle and bone strength in my legs and my arms, blood flow
and
blood pressure, range of motion in my hips, and it helps me mentally to know I
am doing something positive. It helps me with my arms and hips because?the
standing ?frame allows my legs to move back and forth as I move the hand
grips/glides?back and forth in the top of the frame. Basically the hand
grips on top are connected to the foot shoes on the bottom of the
frame?with a resistance cannister in between, The reisstance cannisters
look like shock abssorbers?and you can dial in the the amount of resistance
you want. I know all of this may sound complicated but it is a pretty simple
operation. I transfer onto the seat from my wheelchair without using my sliding
board.?I think they sell for around $5K. My insurance company paid for it
and I have had it for eight years. I am glad you ask about it because I have
been kinda lazy lately.?You can see a picture of mine at the following web
site http://www.easystand.com/evolv-glider/index.cfm.. Let me know if you have
any more questions.....Cody in
Austin?