From: Akua <a...@artfarm.com>
To: tmic-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Sat, Aug 22, 2009 4:35 pm
Subject: [TMIC] OT:My Pattern published!

This is off Topic, but I am so full of complaints and disappointments--- that i
share and work on here-- that i wanted to share a ray of hope.?
?
I got a box the other day from Simon and Schuster... i had not clue what it was
til i opened it...?
?
My 2010 Crochet A Day Calendar arrived and my Flower Link scarf patternis in
it!?
?
This particularly sweet, not only because the pattern was rejected by
Interweave ( so if at first you don't succeed try, try again)?
?
but because my model was my visually challenged neighbor from the complex I
stayed in, in Rochester while learning to live my life anew as a paraplegic and
awaiting my home's rehab.?
?
It was a hellishly hard and horrible time and I missed the art i used to make
and crochet?
was both a salvation and communication. I offered weekly crochet lessons in
that building.?
?
The picture was taken on a sunny but chilly day in the courtyard I used to love
to roll to...?
the pattern was about turning poison into medicine.?
by hand?
from heart?
?
-- ?