Very cool! Congratulations on being published!!

Barbara H.
_http://barbarah.wordpress.com_ (http://barbarah.wordpress.com)

In a message dated 8/22/2009 7:35:34 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
a...@artfarm.com writes:

This  is off  Topic, but I am so full of complaints and
disappointments---  that i share and work on here-- that i wanted to
share a ray of  hope.

I got a box the other day from Simon and Schuster... i had not  clue
what it was til i opened it...

My 2010 Crochet A Day Calendar  arrived and my Flower Link scarf
patternis in it!

This particularly  sweet, not only because the pattern was rejected by
Interweave ( so if at  first you don't succeed try, try again)

but because my model was my  visually challenged neighbor from the
complex I stayed in, in Rochester  while learning to live my life anew
as a paraplegic and awaiting my home's  rehab.

It was a hellishly hard and horrible time and I missed the art i  used
to make and crochet
was both a salvation and communication. I  offered weekly crochet
lessons in that building.

The picture was  taken on a sunny but chilly day in the courtyard I
used to love to roll  to...
the pattern was about turning poison into medicine.
by  hand
from heart