*My MRI's are very long also (Usually about 3-3 1/2 hours.)  The length of
time is determined by a lot of factors---how much of the cord is done, what
the doctor is looking for, and radiologic parameters.   I always have the
brain, C cord, T cord, and L area done, with and without contrast.*

*Re:  Topomax.  It's a good drug, but  one has to remember to drink lots of
water in order to stay hydrated.  Our daughter was on Topomax for a very
short while and ended up becoming toxic.  She was very ill.  So, if you are
on a large dose, be careful with hydration.*

*Grace*