I started a week ago on Gabapentin 300 mg 1X daily but I take approx. 1/2 in
the am mixed with my yogart and the other half in applesauce at night.  The
Gabapentin does help with some of the nerve pain - when I'm awake meaning that
it does make me sleep much more - 4 to 12 hours at a time.  I was just getting
to the point of only sleeping 8 to 10 hours at night with a 2 to 4 hour nap.  I
also find that I'm dreaming as I'm waking up - something that I haven't done in
the last 4 years since TM hit.
My neuro told me to take 1 capsule the first week, 2 the next week, then 3 from
there on.  I called today and told the nurse that because it was making me so
tired that I was going to stay on the 1 capsule per day until my body adjusts
because I was sleeping way too much and not getting anything else done.  I know
this will happen because each time I've added a med that has a "sleepiness,
fatigue" effect, within a month or so my body adjusts and I go back to my
"normal" sleep pattern.

I believe that I have seen others here thattake Gabapenin and wonder if they
have had the same effects?

Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly!
Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably .
And never regret anything that made you smile.

Prayers and thoughts for you and yours,

Candy K.