Akua,

I was dx'd with osteoporosis, SLE (Lupus), Sjogrens besides the TM and I have
an ileostomy (my colon, large intestine, removed) which means that I don't
absorb many of the nutrients from food, meds,  etc.  I'm also milk intolorant
due to the ileostomy .  If I'm out in the sun for any length of time, I develop
rashes that are very hard to get rid of and itch like crazy (Lupus).  So my
"intake" of vit. D is very limited.

My rheumatologist did a blood test for Vit. D.  I had a reading of less than 10
.  He prescribed the 50,000 IU 1X a week along with 8,000IU daily for 10
weeks.  I had 3 rounds of the prescriptions of the 50,000IU but had to increase
the daily intake to 16,000IU before I got a reading of 30.

Here's a website that may help understand the importance of vit. D:
http://www.webmd.com/diet/vitamin-d-deficiency    also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_D#Overdose

Notice that vitamin D " could play a role in the prevention and treatment of  .
. . MS" which is a "cousin" to TM.  Vit. D is very important to the immune
system AND helps in prevention of many diseases including cancer.

Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly!
Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably .
And never regret anything that made you smile.

Prayers and thoughts for you and yours,

Candy K.