Hi all,
I weaned off Cymbalta 10 months ago after a major improvement in pain, my other medication is Lyrica and I have been on it since before TM was diagnosed as the cause of my nerve pain. I was taking 150 mg 2X a day for the majority of the last 3 years, not knowing if it was really still helping all that much (or at all) and wanting to know if I could tolerate life on a smaller dosage.

You can't just stop taking it or you'll have hell to pay (physical withdrawal), every time I've missed a dose I've been in agony, so I've set about weaning off. first I dropped to 75mg at night and 150 during the day. the first 4 days were miserable but after that I felt no worse than I did at the higher level. Then I halved the day time dosage and after 4 days still felt okay. I tried quitting the night dose altogether but that didn't work out so I switched to 50 mg morning and night.

I had hoped I could go completely unmedicated but I have to be realistic and feel good about my accomplishment. 1/3 of my previous dosage is a big gain, I'm more alert and functional on less and that is such a gift! I have too much on my plate right now to lose a week to withdrawal misery.

I don't post much but thanks for being there when I need you.

Mindy the artisan