From: Janet Dunn
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 8:41 AM
To: 'Robert Pall' ; 'Transverse Myelytis'
Subject: RE: [TMIC] Weather

Hi Rob,   and TM Family

Oh, yes, the weather gets me every time.  I live in northeaster BC.  Our
elevation is 2274 feet.  I can tell the weather is changing 3 days before hand!
 The actual day of the weather change is the worst for me.  Banding, pain, pins
and needles, and it usually lasts about 24 hours after the storm hits.  It is
not only the rain that gets me - it is the snow storms.  OMG.  I don't care
what the weather forecast is, I count on my legs!!!!!!!!  If the storm is
severe enough, it knocks me down for a day.  Ah, the joys.  And I don't know
about everyone else, but walking through snow is very difficult for me.  The
snow is heavy, the boots are heavy, if I wear runners, they are heavy.  Oy Vey,
the joys of life.

On the same topic - sort of -  does anyone have difficulties riding in
vehicles?  If I sit in the back seat of a car or the front seat of a pickup
truck, the bumps and rattling just does a number on me.  The banding and the
burning and the pins and needles - it all just makes me want to cry - and I
load up on painkillers.  Yesterday we got back from a whirlwind trip to
Sherwood Park AB (near Edmonton) - roughly a 650 km ride one way.  Yikes.  But,
we went to see Bill Anderson  - so it was worth it, but today is a bit
different!

Janet