From: Laura Beaudin [mailto:laura.beau...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2010 1:02 PM
To: Grace M.
Cc: tmic-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [TMIC] QUESTION ON LARNETON

Not necessarily. While I do believe that 99.8% of all "cures" out there
are pure bunk, Big Pharma has a lot fo pull and they go out of their way
to discredit anything natural. Do you know that there's an actual
treatment that can almost cure CP if the chold is young enough? Pure
oxygen in a hyperbaric chamber.

There was a big study done in Quebec, but because no meds were needed,
just oxygen, they pulled the plug on it. While it was a double-blind
study, it wasn't hard to figure out who was getting O2 vs. air...kids
who were completely immobile were walking and talking.

My roomate was a student shadow and her student was in this trial, but
on the placebo. Parents had to pay through the nose to go have it done
in another province privately. So yes, there are sometimes cures that
people don't know about because the pharma companies go out of their way
to discredit and bash them so that people mistrust.

My first question to myself is usually, can it hurt to try? If there's
riskm, then yes, I'd be weary, but if it's something that wouldn't harm
me regardless, bring it on.

Laura
   "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who
can do nothing for him." -James D. Miles-
http://www.bananga.com ...empowering ourselves!
On Practical-Homeschooling: 10 Free or Inexpensive Homeschool Options
http://www.practical-homeschooling.org