Jil,
That much neurontin also exhausted me, but I took fewer naps as time went on..
It never eliminated TM pain, however, it helped some. My biggest complaint
about Neurontin is the time it took to work and how fast it wore off.  My Neuro
said that was a common complaint  and suggested I try Lyrica.   I researched
Lyrica for a year before letting my him write a prescription.  My biggest fear
was his insistence that I could switch from neurontin to Lyrica overnight.   I
finally made the switch exactly that way - overnight -  with no side effects.
I didn't swell up like a toad nor did I turn into one.  Lyrica works within
fifteen minutes of taking the pill and lasts much longer.  I took 75mg every 12
hours for a year, then upped to 75mg every 8 hours for about 9 months.  I then
asked for an increase to 100mg every 8 hours and have been on this dosage for
over a year.
I understand being afraid of Lyrica, because I was petrified of it myself.  Now
I have to share the benefits I received.  It works for some, but not for others.

Patti - Michigan
---- Jill Posner <posnerj...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am new to it...am on 2400mg a day--600 mg 4 times a day.  It leaves me
> feeling like a zombie and doesn't really eliminate the pain.  Lyrica is in
> the same family so I didn't think it made sense to wind down and up again.
> And it seems to have more side effects. I don't care to be as bloated as a
> toad.

Are there other options?

Jill