Hi Kevin,

I'm sure the pain of a lost one never goes away, but it's also a part of life (sadly)...with time, other things start taking precedent, but the wonderful memory of your mother will always be there. How good is your insurance? I know that there are mattresses that are made almost entirely out of gel to avoid this problem...they are costly though, around $4000, but wonderful for those with bedsore problems.You could argue the point that you want to maintain your independence and this can help you. Talk to your doctor, or even better, an OT about this and first step, try to get a prescription. Im sorry, I can't remember the name of it now.

...just found it, it's called intellibed: http://www.intellibed.com/

Laura
  "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do
nothing for him." -James D. Miles-
http://www.bananga.com ...empowering ourselves! Buying a used wheelchair? BUYER
BEWARE!!!

On Practical-Homeschooling: 10 Free or Inexpensive Homeschool Options
http://www.practical-homeschooling.org