I've got many wild ideas about causes, but  heredity is not one of them.

What he shares with you is the environment  and perhaps, and only perhaps
sensitivity to certain insults/assaults.

It was strange to me that this didn't  manifest til i went
to Rochester where there were people who knew what it
was. I remember awhile back we tried anecdotally to see if
there were regional/location clusters.

As mine is "idiopathic" and the months i spent in
the hospital were mainly about endless painful tests
that yeiled not one clue, I urge you not
to give into the idea that it is somehow "you."

There is a lot wrong with our air, our water, our food,
our medication, our environment.

I am sorry to hear such sad news. I wish you both healing
and strength.

Akua