Janet,

My heart goes out to your son, yourself and your family.
I wonder why it has taken a whole year to diagnose him.

I don't know if TM is hereditary.  However I figure that there is a big
connection with autoimmune conditions in a family.  I have TM (I'm 65 this
year) TM since 2003, my sister 3 years younger has MS, diagnosed in 1991, my
sister 7 years younger has Ulcerative Colitis, diagnosed in 1972, my father had
Rheumatoid Arthritis.  These are all autoimmune conditions.

My daughter purchased some extra health insurance sor hereself this past year.
She had to declare any conditions in the immediate family, parents, siblings
etc.  Since I have TM they would not insure her health against MS.  So that
tells me that the insurance people also figure there is a connection.

You have every right to feel all your emotions of sad, hurt and angry.  Now
that they have diagnosed him I do hope that the doctors will be able to help
him with medications to relieve some of his pain and fatigue if he is not
already on meds for these issues.

Please keep posting and use us as one of your sounding boards.  Perhaps seeing
a professional to help you and your son deal with the psycological effects that
this disability takes on us could help as well.

{{{Hugs}}} to you and your son and family
Heather in Calgary