From: Jill Hammond <3jmhamm...@clearwire.net>
To: d...@excellentsite.com; Anna & Jim <jnawil...@roadrunner.com>; Annie
<crescentc...@nwi.net>; Steve and Jo <stevejojohn...@msn.com>; Susan & Ted Roth
<susanema...@mchsi.com>; Tmic <tmic-list@eskimo.com>; Tom & Deb
<t...@ddoel.com>;
vanessa Quinn <vanessa.qu...@dhs.gov>; Wayne <wme...@ci.everett.wa.us>; Zsolt &
Patty <zdor...@comcast.net>
Sent: Wed, August 25, 2010 5:43:39 PM
Subject: [TMIC] update on Mike

Hello Family and Friends,
Our meeting last week with the Oncologist brought us very sad and shocking
news.  Mike’s cancer is not only back, but in the brain and spinal cord.  It is
inoperable and the doctor’s best guess was that he would have anywhere from 2
weeks to 2 months.  The only positive thing about this news was that Mike was
too disoriented to understand what was going on.  We came home and called in
Hospice to help us through our ordeal.

Hospice came last Friday for the evaluation and to set Mike up on comfort only
drugs.  By Sunday, I was unable to get Mike out of bed, even with help, and
another call to Hospice brought a delivery of a hospital bed and accessories.
By Monday, Mike was not speaking other than incoherent mumbling, except for an
occasional name of Jill, Janel or Joel.  Today (Wednesday) Mike is unresponsive
and it is clear from the Hospice nurse that he won’t last more than 24 hours,
if
that, before he has left us for a better place.

Had I known that things were going to transpire this fast, I would have sent a
letter out sooner, but we are all still in shock that we have had barely a week
since the news of his setback.  Too soon, we are having to say our goodbyes.

Please keep Mike in your hearts and prayers that he may go swiftly and easily.

Love and peace,
The Hammond Team