it states that it is good

--- On Tue, 8/31/10, Dalton Garis <malugss...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Dalton Garis <malugss...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TMIC] Magnesia Phosphorica
To: "john snodgrass" <jcs...@yahoo.com>, "Carol E" <snow121...@hotmail.com>
Cc: "transverse myelitis" <tmic-list@eskimo.com>
Date: Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 11:40 PM

I can’t make anything out of this article;

Is it saying it is good or that it causes all these symptoms?

Dalton

From: john snodgrass <jcs...@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 13:48:50 -0700 (PDT)
To: Carol E <snow121...@hotmail.com>
Cc: transverse myelitis <tmic-list@eskimo.com>
Subject: Re: [TMIC] Magnesia Phosphorcia

found this on wild search:

LECTURES ON HOMŒOPATHIC MATERIA MEDICA
by JAMES TYLER KENT, A.M., M.D.
Late Professor of Materia Medica in Hering College, Chicago.
Presented by Dr Robert Séror
Magnesia Phosphorica
Magnesia phos. is best known for its spasmodic conditions and neuralgias.
The pains: are very violent and may affect any nerve. A pain localizes itself
in a nerve and becomes worse and worse, sometimes coming in paroxysms, but
becoming so violent that the patient becomes frantic.
The pains are ameliorated by heat and pressure. The patient feels better in a
warm place; and his neuralgias are also better, he is miserable, and his pains
are brought on when he becomes cold or is in a cold place. Pains are brought on
from riding in the cold, and in cold, damp weather. Exposure for a long time to
cold winds causes neuralgia of the face,
The pains are felt everywhere. Pain in the bowels, enteralgias, cramps in the
stomach and bowels, with the same modalities. Pains in the spinal cord under
the same rule - amelioration from heat. There are times when a nerve, in which
there is considerable pain, becomes sensitive to pressure, becomes sore. The
spinal cord becomes sore.
Convulsions, with stiffness of the limbs. Convulsions in adults or children,
followed by extreme sensitiveness to touch, to wind, to noise, to excitement,
to everything. Such convulsions, as children have during dentition. Colic;
three months'colic, cramps, bilious colic.
But the special feature is its power to debilitate, to cause irritation of the
nerves and muscles. Cramps from prolonged exertion. Stiffness numbness,
awkwardness and deadness of a nerve from prolonged exertion.
Fingers: Thus it applies to long use of the hands and fingers in writing, and
gives a fair sample of writer's cramp. It is especially useful in the cramps
that come in the fingers, from writing, playing instruments and piano practice.
Pianists suddenly break down, with stiffness of the fingers, after several
hours' labor every day for years. The fingers give out. In playing the harp a
cramp comes on and the fingers cannot perform their use. Other parts are
affected in the same way from prolonged exertion. A laborer's hand will
sometimes cramp and become almost useless. As soon as he undertakes to do that
particular thing his hand cramps and he clutches the implement or loses hold.
The carpenter after prolonged use of a tool has a cramp. This is a strong
feature of the remedy in all sorts of over-exertion.
Violent cramps in dysentery and cholera morbus, that make him scream out.
Twitching of the muscles all over the body, as in cholera. It was Schüessler's
main remedy for chorea, but we can only use it by its proving. Schüessler
prescribed it in all nervous conditions, but its proving justifies its use in
neuralgia ameliorated by heat and pressure, cramps and twitchings.
Shooting pains along the nerves, but these are not so common as violent pains
in paroxysms - a tearing pain as if the nerve were inflamed and put on a
stretch. Shaking as in paralysis agitans and complaints resembling it.
Amelioration from heat and pressure, and aggravation from cold, cold bathing,
cold winds, cold weather, lack of clothing. Pains all over, but more likely
pain located in one part.
Mind: The mental symptoms have not been brought out to any extent. It has been
used clinically when diarrheas have ceased suddenly and brain troubles have
come on. Congestion of the brain, but this is clinical.
Head: Neuralgia and rheumatic headaches ameliorated by heat. Excruciating
pains. Violent attacks of headache ameliorated by hard pressure, heat and in
the dark.
I have seen this mitigation of the symptoms in chronic congestive headache,
when the face was red and there was throbbing, almost like Bell .; those
headaches give way to Magnesia phos., when there is relief by heat and
pressure. He wants the head. bandaged with a tight-fitting cloth, a warm room,
and he is aggravated by cold.
Eyes: Spasms and jerking about the eyes, or prolonged tonic spasms producing a
strabismus. Violent supra and infra-orbital pains with amelioration from heat
and pressure. It has cured more face-aches than other pains.
and pressure, and aggravated by cold. Tic douloureux. Chronic jerkings of the
face. It favors rheumatic and, gouty subjects who suffer with neuralgia. It is
a wonderful remedy for spasmodic hiccoughing. I have sometimes given Magnesia
phos. for hiccoughing when I could not get any other symptoms to describe on.
Stomach and abdomen: Pain at the pit of the stomach. Spasms of the stomach with
clean tongue. Colic ameliorated by doubling up, like Coloc., and ameliorated by
heat.
The colic is not so markedly relieved by heat in Coloc., but is relieved by
pressure. Distension of the abdomen and flatulence, with much pain. Radiating
pains in the abdomen. Compelled to walk and groan from pain. Meteorism. It is
said to cure cows of this condition. Colchicum will cure cows when they are
distended with gas after being turned into clover patches.
Cutting, darting pains in hemorrhoids. If well proved we would probably have
many liver symptoms, because both Magnes. and Phos. have liver symptoms.
Violent pains in acute rheumatism, ameliorated by heat. Neuralgic pains in the
limbs. Rest relieves many complaints, and the least motion brings them on.
Pains changing place.

Copyright © Robert Séror 2000
Mise en page Copyright © Sylvain Cazalet 2000