I had a blood clot too when I was in the hospital - in my lung. Had to wear the hose for several months - hated them. My husband had to help me put them on every morning. I didn't have the strength it took to do it. Hated them in the summer time especially.
I realize they are important, but.........
Janice
From: <c...@austin.rr.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 19, 2010 12:09 PM
To: <tmic-list@eskimo.com>
Subject: [TMIC] Fw: Swelling Feet

-----Original Message-----
From: c...@austin.rr.com
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 17:08:15
To: <pkeen...@yahoo.com>; <t...@eskimo.com>
Subject: Swelling Feet

Priscilla...It seems like everyone with TM has a dominate side of their body in terms of pain and other issues related to TM. Mine is my left and it sounds like yours is the right side. I had to start wearing the hose after I had a huge blood clot in my left leg. I also sleep with my feet elevated. When I wake up in the mornings the skin is lose around my toes. Then I put on my support hose and get dressed. When I take them off at bedtime my ankles will start swelling. That is why I sleep with them elevated. The hose are very tight and difficult to put on (much harder than pantyhose, I think :). I get the feet on first and then pull them up around my thighs. At first it's difficult but it gets much easier after a little practice. Hope that helps you....Cody in Austin