  From: Jan Hargrove<mailto:jmh1...@sbcglobal.net>
  To: tmic-list<mailto:tmic-list@eskimo.com>
  Sent: Sunday, October 03, 2010 3:31 PM
  Subject: [TMIC] AOL........

                    Dear tmfamily,

                    I have deleted every piece of mail since 9/16, as I have
spent the last

                    2 weeks in the hospital......I fell the night of 9/16, went
to hospital 9/17

                    had surgery 9/18 and went to rehab 9/19.  The surgery
placed pins

                    in my rigtht ankle which I broke on both sides.  Am home as
of Sat 10/2

                    and most happy to be here........I'm tired and only moving
by wheelchair

                    which will  be replaced by scooter  next week. I deleted
more than 1700

                    emails, which included all from youall.......I'll catch up
with what's going on

                    as I gain strength.

                    This is not all bad news.  I've not shared what's been
happening to me

                    since Feb...........at that time I had an illness, not
flu,but flu-like.  My doc

                    said it most likely was a virus that would wear out in
time.  I was down

                    long enough that I began to lose some of my mobility. On
the other hand

                    I began to regain feelings that hadn't been there since tm
came to stay (19996).  I wondered if the pains I began to have were there all
along, but I couldn't feel them.  As I lost more mobility, I came to depend
more and more on my 4 prong and my walker.  My walker was part of reason I
broke my ankle........that and my clumsiness!!

                    With rehab I have begun to regain the strength I'll need to
become a member of walking wounded again.  Home Care, esp.p.t., will continue
for at least next 60 days.

                    This is all for now, it's taken two sessions to get this
written..........later.......

                    janh

<<image/jpeg>>