Yes!

A total instance of answered prayers, because I've said the same things to the same human beings, so frequently, it's like having a stand up routine. But who listened? No one, really.

This is my fifth year of TM and my third year home and only now did my neurologist refer me to a
physiatrist.  The PA and GPs could have.

Last time I had PT in 2008 and as devotedly as I went and adhered to it, I was disappointed. I asked the therapist about other devices and other tools ( a stander, leg machine). My work there was mat work. Because that's all they had for me.

It turns out that was the SATELLITE office for this BIG facility. It makes me want to cry. This therapist was known to the physiatrist. When I was BEGGING, bringing material, and explaining what I thought I needed, the therapist and facility said this is all they had.
Which was NOT true.

You can't ask the question unless you know the question to ask. I did a good job of
guessing, but in a system based on physician referrals, unless you're wealthy
and can purchase in home care and equipment, you are at the mercy of others whims
( or level of attention).

AKUA - WHAT WONDERFUL NEWS FOR YOU. AT LAST SOMEONE IS LISTENING TO YOU AND YOUR PROBLEMS. THAT SHOWS THERE ARE GOOD MEDICAL PEOPLE OUT THERE, WE JUST HAVE TO BE ABLE TO FIND THEM. PLEASE KEEP US POSTED . IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU COULD GET TO A POINT THAT YOU COULD DRIVE YOURSELF. THAT IS COMPLETE FREEDOM.

PATTI - WISCONSIN