You know, on my last job we had a lot of stem cell transplants for Cancer.
They only came to my unit when there were complications.  I know there is a lot
of hope held out for this treatment, but some of the things I have seen with
the complications have been horrible.  When it doesn't work quite right and the
graft versus host disease goes too far after the transplant.....well, there is
still a lot to discover and solve in this arena.  Even if I had $100,000, I
don't know how fast I would run to the doctor for this.   I suspect the folks
who have complications pay more than this.  I am indeed more fortunate in that
I am mobile.  But these transplants scare me.  Pam