Gillie,

I can't tell you about how long you should take an antibiotic, most importantly
how strong is the dosage and what are the side effects? I believe the longer
you're on it

the more likely one is to have a reaction.

I told earlier that I fell on Sept 16, had surgery on my right ankle on the
18th
and

the incision have yet to heal.  The wound care unit told me that the slow
healing

was due to diabetes and high blood pressure (both of which I have under
control)!  I'm now on first 30 day trip in hyperbaric chamber..........healing
is taking place,

and they also have done skin grafts.

I'm not suggesting that is what you need to look at, rather if you might have
condition that may be aggravating the healing process.

My best to you, and please keep us updated!!

Hugs, janh