Hello Cody

I realize you are asking about the surgery.  Unfortunately I have had no
experience with that.

And I am sure you have had more than your share of people tossing in their two
cents worth.  I have experience with that.

I only know what you printed below about your case.  Because surgery is
irreversible, I wanted to share this information with you first, to let you
decide if this will help:
http://www.lmorthotics.org/product/ER530200

It is a picture of a dictus splint.  I wear/wore one to help with foot drop.
If the problem is pressure on the balls of your feet and it is relieved by you
stretching your Achilles by pulling your toes back towards your knees, this is
what this splint does.

You can see by the picture how it is worn.  And you can set the tension to pull
the foot up as far as you want.  I wear mine on my shoes (there are hooks that
go into the laces that the band hooks to) and from this picture you can see
that it can be worn on sock feet.

Investigate, see what you think.  Information is always a good thing.

Janet