After my initial--6 days on IV Steriods and I left the hospital a week
later, the doctor gave me a vial of steriod pills to take if I felt the TM
was reaching into my upper body, I suppose to stop it.  I don't live near a
hospital and have to be flown to one.  Luckily I have never had a recurring
episode but then again I have only been a TMer for two years.  Unluckily I
have no lower body function and am confined to a chair.  2 cent worth.