Yes, AOL has a buddy list.  Two people agree to be buddies so you can live chat
back and forth when you are both on line.  It was quite the rage when it was
first implemented.  However, it can be time consuming when you are trying to
read and answer emails and are interrupted by someone who wants to live chat.
I'm not on AOL now, but had an account at one time, because of the buddy list
feature.

Patti - Michign