Hi Janice,

Sorry to hear about your fall.  Hope you heal quickly.  I can give you some
information on vertigo, at least the kind I had a few weeks ago.

Yes with all I’ve been going through with pain and testing for the pain pump a
little vertigo got thrown in.  Ah life is such a joy.

I was mostly disoriented when looking down, reaching up and every night when I
laid down on the bed.  One day I had full blown vertigo on my 2nd story outside
deck.  All of a sudden I lost my sense of balance, banged into the house wall,
tried to stand, stumbled into a chair, tried to stand, stumbled about 5 feet
the other way over to a tall table, grabbed on, decided enough trying to stand
and stayed holding on to the table while the sky above me circled around.
Weird and scary, my stepson passed by and got me to a chair.  After a few
moments I was fine.

My Neurologist sent me for vestibular testing.  Our inner ear has a cluster of
what they call crystals in an area that connects to vestibular tubes.  A
crystal can break free from the cluster and enter the tube in which it is now
free floating.  When you move your head the crystal moves within the tube
sending odd signals to the brain causing disorientation.  They fixed it within
15 minutes by manipulating my head which moves the crystal through the tube
back into the area holding the cluster and the stray crystal hopefully
reattaches to it, they have like a sticky coating on them.  For 48 hours you
have to keep from moving head up, down, etc. to allow it to reattach.  Really
cool stuff, was skeptical until he did the movements, came back in 5 minutes,
tested me (by laying down with head to one side) and I was fine.

There are other things that can cause vertigo but I believe this is the most
common.

Make it a great day,

Deb