On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 08:53:39PM +0100, clemens fischer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> can tmux be given a command "take-prompt" for the *choice tables?
> I wanted to make a mapping to list the various mappings, thus:
>
>   bind 'h' command-prompt \
>   -p vi-edit,emacs-edit,vi-choice,emacs-choice,vi-copy,emacs-copy \
>   "list-keys -t '%%'"
>
> (all one one line).  I wanted it to insert the value of the prompt, not
> what the user answers to it, into '%%'.

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve here. You want to prompt the user
for each and then just ignore what they enter?

> So the binding would have to have "take-prompt" instead of
> "command-prompt".
>
> BTW, some of the keys don't seem to have a mappable effect.  I cannot
> get PPage to page up in "-t vi-copy"

PPage works fine for me in vi-copy. What does "tmux info|grep kpp" show, and
does it match what you see when you type "cat" and press page-up OUTSIDE tmux?

> and I don't understand what keys
> "j" and "k" do in "-t vi-choice".  Shouldn't they present the next and
> previous choices, respectively?  They get inserted literally.

Do you mean vi-edit? You need to make sure you are in command mode which can be
quite hard unless you reduce escape-time. The default is half a second before
tmux decides it is an escape and not a meta key, so press escape and wait for a
bit. I'm thinking of ways to improve this but haven't decided yet.