On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 12:38 PM, Nicholas Marriott
<nicholas.marri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 11:04:06AM -0800, Kevin Goodsell wrote:
>>
>> The second approach would require allowing all characters except ESC
>> (and possibly the C1 ST character, but it looks like tmux does not
>> currently support those) to trigger "put" in the dcs passthrough
>> state. ESC would have to cause a transition to a new state (perhaps
>> "dcs escape"), where \ triggers the ground state. How other characters
>> are handled in this state would need to be decided, but one
>> possibility is to simply allow all other characters to cause a
>> transition to the dcs passthrough state, with a "put" action.

> I'd say the second (don't break on escape) if it can be done cleanly,
> and there is precedent if other terminals behave like this.

I have a patch for the input.c state machine to implement this, and
it's pretty straightforward. However, I haven't been able to figure
out the right way to pass the resulting string to the underlying
terminal(s). The closest I've come up with is copy-pasting most of
tty_write() (which seems to work but requires more testing). Obviously
I don't actually want to do it that way, but I haven't found anything
that does a simple iteration over the 'clients' array writing
something to the ttys. Is there such a thing somewhere? Is there a
better way to do this?