(04/19/2011 10:34 AM), Peter John Hartman wrote:

> Hence, I for one would love to see tmux figure out a way to work with
> normal (urxvt at least) terminal selection!

urxvt 9.06 (from Ubuntu) works fine for me. Perhaps you're using an
older version? Or perhaps Ubuntu introduced a fix, I dunno.

Either way, I don't see how you can expect tmux to fix something that's
not its bug. Tmux has zero control over whether the host terminal
chooses to end its own selection whenever something gets written to the
screen. If you have a continuing problem with even the latest versions
of urxvt, then talk to the urxvt folks, because it's a urxvt problem. If
there _is_ some sort of workaround that tmux can take advantage of, then
they'd still be the ones to know about it.

--
Good luck,
Micah J. Cowan