On 04/20/2011 12:49 AM, LEVAI Daniel wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 20:14:09 +0100, Nicholas Marriott wrote:

>> if you like you can run tmux in script(1)

> There is not much to see:

The key words being "run _tmux_ in script". You obviously didn't, or
we'd be seeing status draws.

And then attach the typescript, not copy/paste; you're liable to lose
data that way.

Personally, I'd be much more interested in running something like:

  bash -c 'sleep 20; echo foo' &

then making a selection, then waiting for that background command to
print, and seeing if it clears the selection. If it does, then there is
truly nothing tmux can do (not that it's likely that there's something
tmux can do if it doesn't).

If it doesn't clear it, there's an outside chance that there's some
escape sequence that triggers it, and that isn't actually necessary to
drawing the status. This is unlikely, but if true it's possible we might
find a workaround. But as I've said before, the problem is with the host
term; you're liable to have better luck with those folks (or perhaps by
updating to a more recent version).

--
Micah J. Cowan
http://micah.cowan.name/