Here are a few things I would like to do but don't know/think are
impossible but would be good:

1. Look at the hierarchy of a layout. (Since ^b v ^b s is not the same
as ^b s ^b v it would be nice if one could make the difference visible
with double with borders or something like that.

2. How do you display a pane in multiple windows. This would just be the
tmux version of "always on top" windows.

3. How do you distribute panes evenly. Sometimes I have layouts like this
+------------------------+
|                        |
|                        |
+------------------------+
|                        |
|                        |
+------------------------+
|      |     |           |

which is basically the same as a ^b M-3 layout but with two main
windows. Now to distribute the small panes evenly it would be nice to
have a command.

4. For copy/pasting from a terminal it would be nice to temporarily
break out a pane. This may be scriptable but I haven't figured out how
to store the old position so far.

I hope there are ways to make these ideas a reality.

Best,
Simon