Hi

If I have:

abcdef
xyz123

With the cursor on the 1, then if I press C-Space to start the selection
then press Up, the selection should be "def\nxyz".

Your diff leaves me with "def\nxyz1" marked instead (although when I
actually copy I still get "def\nxyz").

There are other marking bugs already there though:

- If I start the selection on the 1 again but press Left instead of Up,
  "z1" will be marked when only "z" should be (and is) copied.

- When you start a selection it should be empty until you move the
  cursor, but we start with the character under the cursor marked.

The rule is that if the cursor is on the left of the selection the
character under it is selected, if the cursor is on the right it is
not.