On 2014-06-06 15:08 +0100, Nicholas Marriott wrote:
> If I have:

> abcdef
> xyz123

> With the cursor on the 1, then if I press C-Space to start the
> selection then press Up, the selection should be "def\nxyz".

> Your diff leaves me with "def\nxyz1" marked instead (although when I
> actually copy I still get "def\nxyz").

That is very odd. I've tried this with the latest tmux git repo from
sourceforge with an empty config file and the following happens when in
copy mode I press space on 1 and then press up: "def\nxyz" is marked but
"def\nxyz1" is copied. This why I sent you the diff to mark the 1 as
well.

Can you confirm that this is not the behavior you see in your tmux?

> The rule is that if the cursor is on the left of the selection the
> character under it is selected, if the cursor is on the right it is
> not.

Why? Now I see emacs behaves like this (opposed to vim). I find this
rule confusing especially if you try to use the mouse. Can you
reconsider this decision? Otherwise I think this will be a behavior
change for the next version and will need even bigger change to match
the above described behavior.

> - When you start a selection it should be empty until you move the
>   cursor, but we start with the character under the cursor marked.

So in order to copy a single character I'll need to start the selection
after it, then press left and then press copy? This is another example
that I find confusing. In the vim way (the current implementation) this
isn't a problem so this doesn't complicate the logic/code further. :)

--
Balazs