On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 3:12 PM, Thomas Adam <tho...@xteddy.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 02:13:47PM +0300, anatoly techtonik wrote:
> > Subj.
> >
> > Tmux is awesome, but I can not use it without Google. For example, I
> tried
> > to get some version to see if some changes in last releases can be the
> > source of weirdness that I am experiencing running irssi under it.
> >
> > ps26398:~# tmix --version
>
> Because this isn't GNU.

You want to say that programs have command line help only because they are
GNU? =) That implies that OS X utilities or Windows utilities can't have
command line help, but that's not true. More that that, all cross-platform
utilities implemented --help option. Check your VCSes. It is de-facto
standard. Not implementing it is a good non-conformist position and I could
support it, but I don't see the reason why.

> There's -V for a version in more recent versions of tmux, and for
> everything
> else, there's the man page.

And what does GNU say about man pages? =)