Go and persuade OpenSSH to add --help and I will reconsider the question for
tmux.

-------- Original message --------
From: anatoly techtonik <techto...@gmail.com>
Date: 22/06/2014  04:44  (GMT+00:00)
To: Nicholas Marriott <nicholas.marri...@gmail.com>
Cc: tmux-us...@lists.sf.net
Subject: Re: Why tmux doesn't have command line help, --help or --version?

On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 6:36 AM, anatoly techtonik <techto...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 2:48 AM, Nicholas Marriott
<nicholas.marri...@gmail.com> wrote:
tmux is an OpenBSD program and they do not typically support long
options, and use a man page rather than builtin help or info pages.

It is not OpenBSD program anymore. Check userbase. =)

I also see possible regression in evolution of OpenBSD. To implement some
practice as a standard OpenBSD need it to be widely accepted, but OpenBSD
people insist that practice should not be applied because there is different
practice that users should be aware of. Even if that practice failed, OpenBSD
still insists that other practice should be denied, so there is no place for
evolution at all.

--
anatoly t.