---

** [tickets:#138] Left-clicking sometimes causes continuation of scroll wheel
events**

**Status:** open
**Labels:** mouse
**Created:** Mon Jun 30, 2014 02:11 AM UTC by Eric Christopherson
**Last Updated:** Mon Jun 30, 2014 02:11 AM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

In the current HEAD, when I have open a program that uses the alternate screen
and is not written with mouse support, I am able to send cursor up and down
events by using the mouse scroll wheel, per commit
353d1825d5a3a6efb1c3c71d9afbb96ba57cc948. However, it seems that if I
left-click within such a pane after having scrolled, the left-click down causes
an additional scroll event (which is translated to one or more cursor up or
down keypresses), and the left-click up causes yet another. The direction of
the scrolling/cursor movement is the same as the last one triggered by actual
scrolling, and the number of lines matches the number of lines of the last
scroll event too (3 for normal scroll-wheel use and 1 for scroll-wheel with
shift held down).

In addition, if I have not scrolled in the alternate-screen app, the "echo"
event mimics whatever scrolling I last did in another window or pane, even if
that window/pane is not using the alternate screen. Seemingly the only time
cursor movement is *not* triggered by clicks is just after starting the tmux
client (restarting the session/server doesn't seem necessary), or after running
it for a while but without doing any scrolling.

I have experienced this in tmux HEAD (f8481f9) in iTerm2 1.0.0.20140518 in OS X
10.9.3.

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because tmux-users@lists.sourceforge.net is
subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/tmux/tickets/

To unsubscribe from further messages, a project admin can change settings at
https://sourceforge.net/p/tmux/admin/tickets/options.  Or, if this is a mailing
list, you can unsubscribe from the mailing list.