Hi Nicholas,

Am 10.08.2014 um 10:54 schrieb Nicholas Marriott <nicholas.marri...@gmail.com>:
> lockf and fcntl are broken (any close on the fd releases all locks) so I
> suggest the best option is to create an flock in compat/ that is a no-op and
> do without the locking on Solaris.
> Or there may be a locking function that has the semantics we need.

I guess there is only posix-conforming (and therefore „broken“) locking
available on Solaris. However, I found this post from a guy changing
the locking (in a probably broken way) in tmux:
  http://www.perkin.org.uk/posts/solaris-portability-flock.html
Am I right to assume that you suggest to replace the above approach with
the empty compat stub only put in place on Solaris?

Best regards

  — Dago

"You don't become great by trying to be great, you become great by wanting to
do something,