a.h.s. boy (lists) wrote:

On Sep 29, 2004, at 12:37 PM, Peter Maag wrote:

Bill and Tom,
Thanks for the replies. I don't think I was very clear in my first message. I would like ClamAV to scan and block at the SMTP level, but have SpamAssassin run as it normally does with QmailScanner, after the message has already been accepted. From briefly looking over simscan, it looks like it does support SpamAssassin based filtering, however it will only work at the SMTP level and will block messages that reach the score threshold.
Am I stuck with using simscan and qmailscanner?
Thanks,
Peter

I get the impression that the SMTP-level spam rejection threshold can be different from SpamAassassin's "spam threshold". The brief introduction to simscan reads

"spamassassin hit level rejection ( --enable-spam-hits (default 10.0 ) ). Requires --enable-spam to be enabled. Allows for rejection of email above a certain hit count. All other email is passed through with spamassassin headers and changes."

So it sounds like you can just set the simscan rejection level very high, like 30, and it will only reject the mail over that threshold. If SpamAssassin's own "threshold" setting can be different (like 7), then SA will still mark the mail as Spam, and simscan will allow it to pass through.

That's how I read it. I plan to test simscan soon. Right now it's failing, and strace is not helping, but I have not tested it much yet. I'll report back when I have.

Regards,

Bill