From: Bill Shupp [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2004 3:34 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [toaster] Qmail Pre filter

Neil wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Does anybody have good ideas on implementing a qmail filter to pass on
>emails to an exchange server? I've read a couple of em thru google
>search but none I have seen that would prevent dictionary attacks on
the
>qmail server. Is there a way I could have chkusr work with smtproutes
>forwarding to my exchange server?
>
>Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not aware of anything that does this.  There would need to be a
mechanism to find out if a user/forward/list exists on the Exchange
server.   I suppose you could write a plugin for qmail-spp that makes an

smtp connection to the actual exchange server and check if the recipient

is valid.  Seems excessive, though.  Why not just send mail to the
exchange server directly?

http://qmail-spp.sourceforge.net/

Regards,

Bill