Bill Shupp wrote:

Joe Young wrote:

Bill,
will this help with outbound emails as well? The company I am working with have a 256K upload connection and they will send a 8meg email to 2 or 3 addresses at different locations. When they send the email, it will slow down their internet browsing. I know that they should upgrade thier DSL service, but they can't.

I'm unaware of how to limit ONLY qmail-remote process. My advice is to use databytes to limit qmail-smtpd message sizes, and then force all incoming mail to this server to go through smtp (i.e. tell local clients like squirrelmail to use smtp rather than the sendmail wrapper to that the size limit is enforced).

Regards,

Bill

Bill,
Ok, databytes will limit both incoming and outgoing bandwith? I might try that.

-joe